Sunday, January 1, 2012

Tinted Moisturizer Swatches/Comparison!

I thought it might be helpful to see several tinted moisturizers swatched side by side.  I have swatched the following:
  • Stila sheer color SPF 15 tinted moisturizer in shade 01 bare
  • Stila illuminating tinted moisturizer SPF 15 in shade 01
  • Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer SPF 20 in shade nude
  • Super BB (beblish balm) SPF 25 PA++
  • Philosphy hope in a tinted moisturizer (light to medium)
  • Dr. Brandt pores no more hint of tint
So, which one is my favorite?  Hands down the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer.  It is my go to foundation on most days.  I apply it with my fingers and then set it with MAC MSF Natural for additional coverage if needed.  That is my routine when my skin is cooperating.  I also use Laura Mercier primer everyday!  I also really enjoy the Super BB.  It has to be set with powder though. Don't let the gray tone scare you away.  It blends in nicely and if you use a powder with some color such and MAC MSF Natural to set it, it looks really nice.  The Hope in a tinted moisturizer was too orange for my skin tone.  The Stila tinted moisturizers disappeared on my skin and gave me zero coverage.   My least favorite is Dr. Brandt pores no more hint of tint.  It gave a nice subtle "hint of tint", but it accentuates pores and dryness horribly! 

Enjoy the swatches!



(L to R) Stila sheer color in bare, Stila illuminating tinted moisturizer in shade 01, Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in bare, Super BB, Philosphy hope in a tinted moisturizer in light/medium, Dr brandt hint of tint, Dr brand hint of tint blended out

No comments:

Post a Comment