Sunday, January 22, 2012

Chanel Rouge Noir Nail Polish Dupe!

Chanel's Rouge Noir nail polish is one that I've wanted for what seems like forever.  It's impossible to find in the US unless you want to pay $60 on Ebay.  I've been on the hunt for a dupe for so long.  I've look at so many photos of it online, I feel like I know what a dupe would be.  Everything I think will be a dupe is either too red, or too black or too purple.  I was about to give up.....then L'Oreal came out with their new line of polishes and I saw the new shade in Haute Couture Red!   It is the closest I have ever come to finding a dupe to Chanel's Rouge Noir.  It's showing up a bit darker red in the photos than it is in real life.

I wish I had both to show a side by side comparison, but this is the best I can do.  I also have comparison photos to other polishes I thought would be similar to L'Oreal Haute Couture Red, but nothing I own looks similar on the nail.  OPI's William tell me about OPI looks simiar in the bottle, but it is more purple than L'Oreal Haute Couture Red. 

The formula of Haute couture red was a bit of a pain.  It was thin and it ran onto the edges of my nail.  It was hard to do a neat manicure.  It needed 3 coats to be opaque. Enjoy!

Click here to see all of my swatches from the new L'Oreal nail polish line!

(L to R) L'Oreal Haute couture red, OPI William tell me about OPI
L'Oreal Haute couture red



(L to R) OPI William tell me about OPI, L'Oreal Haute couture red, L'Oreal Breaking curfew




3 comments:

  1. $60? You can buy it online. It's called vamp in the USA no 18 standard price. It is just not known as rouge noir.

    ReplyDelete