Tuesday, January 17, 2012

NOTD: Essence Hard to Resist (swatch)

A few weeks ago my Fred Meyer's grocery store had a random limited edition display from Essence.  There were a 2 silver/gray cream shadows, a mascara, an eyeliner and I think 4 polishes.  I grabbed 2 polishes, one of them in the color "Hard to Resist".  I've had this sitting on my table for a few weeks and I'm just now getting a chance to swatch it.  I thought this might be a dupe for the Chanel Blue Satin Polish.  You can check out my review on that polish here:http://swatchapalooza.blogspot.com/2011/12/notd-chanel-blue-satin-swatch.html

In a nutshell, Chanel Blue Satin became my #1 favorite blue polish EVER!  This polish from Essence is not a dupe, but that's ok because it is seriously amazing in it's own way.  It's a brighter blue than Chanel's Blue Satin and Hard to Resist has so much more sparkle.  What Hard to Resist is very similar to is Maybelline's Denim dash.  The formula on all Essence polish are A+++.  They are super smooth and opaque in 1 coat.  The polishes are only $1.99, but are very small at only 0.16oz.  Enjoy the swatches!

Essence Hard to Resist (1 coat)

Essence Hard to Resist (1 coat w/ flash)

Essence Hard to Resist

No comments:

Post a Comment