Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hourglass Whisper Lipstick Swatch & Close Dupe!

 I purchased my first Hourglass lipstick in the shade Whisper back in November for my birthday for $30.  I really love the packaging.  The lipstick tube is heavy, which I like.  Some people don't like that, but I do.  These lipsticks are also refillable.  Whisper is a golden, pink beige with a slight shimmer.  I went through all of my lipsticks and found a very close dupe.  On the hand, the swatches looks slightly different, but on the lips they look the same.

So, what is the dupe?  MAC VIVA GLAM V!  Check out the swatches below.  If you already have the popular MAC Viva Glam V lipstick, you could probably save yourself $30 here.  Hourglass lipsticks are very creamy and have a similar scent to the MAC lipsticks.  The wear time for both of these were around 3-4 hours for me.  Enjoy the swatches!


(L to R) Hourglass Whisper, MAC Viva Glam V


(L to R) Hourglass Whisper, MAC Viva Glam V


(L to R) Hourglass Whisper, MAC Viva Glam V


6 comments:

  1. good to know! I own MAC Viva Glam V :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I just added a pic to show how similar they look in the tube as well! I was having issues with Blogspot last night loading pics! Hope you're having a great day and thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, thanks for the added pictures, I just saw that! I love your blog, I check in like 2x a day! haha! I like seeing how much make up you have!!! I am a stay at home mom of twins and a little 6 month old and I like to justify buying make up to treat myself! :) Fun seeing your collection unfold! ALso, I love to look at your blog sale, I want to buy something, but I am taking a break from buying make up for a little bit, but, when I am back at it I am hoping all the good stuff isn't gone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Laura! Aww thanks for the compliment. It's cool knowing you like it and check it. I am a stay at home mommy too! My son just turned 1. We live in Alaska and it's so dark and cold here. This blog seriously keeps me sane!! It's fun! I'll be adding more stuff to my blog sale in the next month or so. I have a lot of MAC blushes that I never reach for, so I will be adding those eventually. My husband built me 2 nail polish racks, so I'm going to update my "nail polish organization" post tonight or tomorrow. :-)

      Delete
  4. Well I will keep my eye out for the new additions, I have to get something soon cause they are all great and taunting me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And if you want to save even more $$$ Maybelline #205 Nearly There

    ReplyDelete