Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Review, Swatches & comparison

I've tried so many face primers over the years (MUFE, Tarte, Clinique, Benefit, MAC, Korres to name a few) and I've never noticed much of a difference in the wear of my makeup or in the application of my foundation.  It was just another needless step and expense.  I stopped using primers altogether until about 6 months ago.  A friend gave me her Laura Mercier primer to try and it was the first time I actually noticed a difference.  My foundation was lasting several hours longer and my pores weren't as noticable. 

Instead of sticking with Laura Mercier, I wanted to know if there was something even better.  Next I tried Bare Minerals Prime Time.  I liked it even more!  It not only helped my foundation and blush stay on all day, it made my skin feel smoother and applying my concealer was so much easier.  It applied on smooth and didn't settle into fine lines like it used to. 

So, did I stop there?  Of course not.  I'm a make up junkie (hence the blog lol).  Back in November I finally broke down and forked out the big bucks to try Hourglass veil mineral primer.  I bought it from Sephora and I figured the worst thing that could happen is that I hate it and I send it back.  The Hourglass veil mineral primer has changed me forever.  I'm not kidding.   I can't even explain to you how this primer feels on your skin.  It's like angels have come down from heaven and turned your skin into silk.  It's seriously that amazing.  Now that your skin is silk, putting on your foundation and concealer is effortless.  It will go on so smooth you won't believe it.  Not only that, but it makes your makeup last all day and also makes it waterproof.  This also has become my new eye primer as well.  Is it expensive($52), yes...but it will last you a very long time because you only need a tiny dot for your whole face, neck and eyes.  Sephora now offers a smaller size veil for $17.  So you really have nothing to lose! You really need to try it to see what I'm talking about.  This is the first face product that has truly blown me away. 

As far as my skin type goes, I have combination skin with larger pores around my nose.  My chin is my problem area when it comes to breakouts and I have some mild redness on my cheeks and chin. 


(L to R) Hourglass veil primer, Laura Mercier primer, Bare Minerals Prime Time

(L to R) Hourglass veil primer, Laura Mercier primer, Bare Minerals Prime Time (all blended some)


No comments:

Post a Comment