Monday, March 12, 2012

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 (Swatch/Review) in Shade Alaska!

I had high hopes for this new tinted moisturizer by NARS.  I picked the shade Alaska.  The description for the two lightest shades are EXACTLY the same.  I found that odd and a bit confusing.  I figured the lightest shade Finland was for fair skin, so I went with Alaska since I have light skin.  This tinted moisturizer claims to do a lot of things.  I provided the information from the Sephora website below.

Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 / PA+++
What it is:
A lightweight tinted moisturizer that evens skintone and provides a translucent veil of protection.

What it does:
Infused with lush, naturally derived ingredients, this lightweight tinted moisturizer immediately helps thirsty skin feel hydrated. It has been proven to help reduce the appearance of discoloration and dark spots caused by hyperpigmentation for a clearer and brighter complexion in just four weeks. Oil-free and luxurious, it obscures the appearance of lines, wrinkles, pores and other imperfections. SPF 30/ PA+++ adds a translucent veil of protection.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

What else you need to know:
Natural polysaccharides from Moorea island in French Polynesia hydrate, condition, and help encourage natural cell renewal.* Mineral-rich seawater uniquely revitalizes and adds key minerals back into the skin.* Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30/PA+++ helps improve skin's overall condition. Soft and smooth to the touch, skin looks natural and glowing. This dermatologist-tested product is free of oil, synthetic fragrances and is non-comedogenic.

My thoughts: The shade Alaska is ORANGE.  When I squeezed it onto my hand I was like, WOW!  That is orange!  I continued to apply it to my face like I would any moisturizer with my fingers.  It still looked very orange.  I used my beauty blender to try and blend it more, and that didn't help.  This tinted moisturizer did not moisturize my skin at all.  In fact, it attached to every dry patch on my face and made it much more noticeable.   Not cute.  It did provide a decent amount of coverage.  It probably has slightly more coverage than the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer.   I checked my face several hours later and my face was so orange it wasn't even funny.  I had to take it off.  I was afraid it would break me out next.  It did absolutely nothing for me.  Maybe the biggest problem was the shade I chose, but the way it made my dryness appear worse is enough reason for me to just walk away.  I will stick to my BB creams and Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer!  Here are some photos in the shade Alaska.


NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in shade Alaska

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in shade Alaska

2 comments:

  1. OMG. This looks so dark! I have skin that's just a little paler than yours, and I am kind of terrified. I'm glad you posted this -- I'll be keeping away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so dark! Some tinted moisturizers just blend into your skin nicely, even if they aren't a perfect match. This one didn't blend in at all. My skin isn't even that dry right now and it made it look SUPER dry after I put this on. Pretty strange.

      Delete