Sunday, March 18, 2012

Bare Minerals READY eyeshadow in The Scenic Route (swatch)

I might be the only person who still prefers Bare Minerals loose eyeshadows over the new READY eyeshadows.  I swatched the READY eyeshadows over and over again, trying to understand what was so great about them.  I guess I didn't find them to be as pigmented and creamy as everyone was describing.  The duo in The Scenic Route is pretty amazing though.  It is the only one I own and probably the only one I will own.  The combo looks so stunning on the eye and it is butter smooth!  If I had to recommend only one duo from the new READY line, this would be it.  Enjoy the swatch!

The Scenic Route

(L to R) Breathtaking, Spectacular
*The Scenic Route duo*

4 comments:

  1. I really like the pigmentation! I think I will get this sometime! Those colors are like the some of the only colors I use when it comes to eye shadows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suwan! I agree! I LOVE a darkish green shadow with a gold sheen to it. I think it looks so pretty! I don't know if you have seen the commercial on TV for these shadows, but I swear the girl in the commercial is wearing this duo. It looks so eyecatching on her! The light shade in this set goes perfectly in the inner corner. I have so many NARS duos and the colors don't always go together, but these 2 were definetely made to be worn together! I love that! It makes it so easy!

      Delete
  2. I worked for Bare Escentuals for 3 years and I am a mineral "purist" at heart...I have a few of the Ready compacts, but I prefer the pots of loose minerals still! PS, you are right...the beauty in the commercial is wearing this (along with random colors from 2 other palettes, I believe)! I remember reading the "look" literature when the Ready palettes first launched! Good eye ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool! I'm glad I'm not alone in my BE loose shadow love! :)

      Delete