Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Guerlain Meteorites by Emilio Pucci (swatch/review)

I had always been curious to try the Guerlain Metorities, but always talked myself out of it because of the hefty $59 price tag.  I had a gift card and honestly had no clue what to buy, so I started reading the reviews on Sephora for the Meteorites and decided it was time to see what was so great about these!   Turns out, I LOVE IT!!  I have combination skin (mild dryness on cheeks and break outs happen mostly on my chin).  I almost didn't do this review because I don't even know how to explain what the Meteorites do for my skin.  It's not sparkly AT ALL.  There are some sparkles in it, but they disappear on the skin.   I do my full makeup routine and then I use the Guerlain Meteorite brush and apply this all over my face.  It just makes your skin look like someone else's skin.  Does that even make sense?  I actually stood in the bathroom looking at my face up close after applying this because my skin looked so awesome, but I wasn't sure how it happened.  I couldn't see the Meteorites on my skin, it was almost like the changed happened from the inside out.  I guess the point I want to make is that if you have been on the fence about these, give them a try.  I really think the blue pearls in this Emilio Pucci Edition is what evens out the skintone so well.  Here is what the Sephore website says:


What it is:
An illuminating powder that delivers pure radiance.

What it does:
These must-have multi-colored little pearls are adopting their new summer wardrobe encased in Pucci-adorned packaging. Météorites Perles D’azur is also enriched with a corrective blue pearl to create a flawless complexion. Formulated like the classic Météorites Perles, the Perles d’Azur beautifully adapts to the demands of the sun by combining six colors that even out and correct every skintone.



sponge sitting on top of pearls
*this sponge isn't meant to be used to apply the product*



my  bare skin

skin after applying Meteorites generously for photo




1 comment:

  1. I got the one from the previous collection.. Some of the tiny balls are different shades but theh all do the same thing.. I love it! I don't feel the need to apply a highlighter wen I use this.. Its amazing!

    ReplyDelete